Top 5 things to look for in your DJ
1. First impression. Are they smiling? Do they have a charm about them that says “Hey, let’s have fun!”
They should always have enthusiasm and be passionate for how they entertain. If they’re not, you should be concerned about how they will be on the day of your event.
2. Are they knowledgeable? Anyone can be a DJ…a few pieces of equipment and some streaming music and voila…you have a DJ. (Not really)
Be sure you’ve hired a professional who can guide your entire event and make any announcements with confidence and one who will play the music that you want NOT what they want to play. Streaming music is only as good as the signal they’re getting – – – can you imagine “buffering” during your first dance as husband and wife? Also be sure to consider that the music being played has clean lyrics if your event will have children present.
3. A professional DJ has “been there done that”…they should have experience and expertise to understand the nuances of your event and adapt as needed.
We’ve heard stories from clients who have had events fall flat and even are ruined due to lack of knowledge and experience is dealing with the many steps involved in a successful event.
4. If you ask a question, do they know the answer?
Ask as many questions as you can…ask for clarification…if you think you’re being bull@#$%ed… you probably are. That’s not a professional and you should reconsider hiring them.
5. This is a pure service purchase. What can they provide you to assure you that they can do what they say they can do?
Here are few things that can legitimize a pro – if they don’t have these…keep looking.
Testimonials, website, references, working knowledge of how an event functions and professional equipment…hesitation means inexperience…don’t leave your celebration to a wannabe DJ if you are looking for great memories.
PartyMasterz is known to exceed expectations…we know what works and what doesn’t. Contact us to learn more